Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Macleans' Latest

Here's my latest for Macleans! This fellow was a loving father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather. He grew up during the Depression and picked blueberries to can for his family. He met his sweetheart in the 60s -- she with a beehive hairdo, he with an Elvis pompadour. Much later, when the couple was caring for ten grandchildren, he would make them porridge and toast every morning before school. And even later than that, he'd take his beloved wife to bingo every day. 

I always jump at the chance to illustrate food. I'm fascinated by what people eat and why they eat it. I have the official Game of Thrones cookbook. My personal work often centres around food. I'm a little obsessed!

iPad version:

Sketch:
 This one ended up very close to my original sketch. This isn't always the case :P.

-- Julia
Portfolio site




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great piece Julia :)