Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Urban Decay Naked palette vs. my collection


Another quick little make-up sketch this one for research and comparison purposes!

Argh. I'm not made of stone. The first time I saw Urban Decay's famed "Naked" palette in-store at Sephora, I jumped on it like a cat onto a catnip mouse. And I had gift cards so I only really paid $20 for it! I've played around with it a bit and whipped up this chart on the colours it has vs. the colours I already have, and... The results are inconclusive.

It seems like one way or the other I have dupes for half of the colours already, but they're spread across a number of places and here they are in one easy-to-travel-with palette. And the pigmentation and texture are nice... Basically, I'm trying to convince myself not to return it to Sephora and get a nice big gift card back.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love! :) I just can't get enough of your drawings!sc

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Keep the palette :)

Ana said...

Love the drawings, they are so lovely :) !

Return the palette, use the gift card for something you don't have :) .

Julia Minamata said...

Thanks for the advice, Ana! I am seriously considering returning it :P.

I'm thinking a Sephora Collection Lip and Cheek Stain (get a lot of product for the money, well reviewed on Makeupalley, great packaging) and/or a Josie Maran or Korres concealer for my undereyes.

Not to mention, I'm loving Prada Prada Amber and Tom Ford Black Orchid. Plenty to pick from!